- 2.1. Information you provide to us.
- 2.2 Information that we collect automatically.
- 2.3. Information that we collect from third parties.
- 2.4. Information we collect and process on behalf of you.
- 2.5. Cookies and other technologies.
2.0. INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
2.1. Information you provide to us.
When registering for or using the Airbase we collect personal information provided by you. For example, when you create a Airbase account, you may provide us with your name, account name, alias, employment-related information (to the extent you are using an employer’s business account), email address and a password, your phone number, your address and an electronic image of your signature (“Account information”).
You may provide us with personal information about other individuals when you use our Service, such as personal information about the business administrator and the principal owners of your company. You may also provide us with access to your contacts (“Contacts”) to make it easy for you to do things like invite other users in use Airbase. Contacts’ information may include personal information such as a real name, alias or email address. If you share your contracts with us, we will store those contacts on our servers for you to use.
2.2 Information that we collect automatically.
We collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account (like Uploading, sharing, editing, viewing, creating, and signing documents). We use this information to provide, improve, and promote our Services, and to protect Airbase users. We also collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, unique personal identifiers or online identifiers, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices (“Device information”). Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services. For example, we use device information to detect abuse and identify and troubleshoot bugs.
2.3. Information that we collect from third parties.
We may share and/or collect additional information about you from third parties primarily to assist us in understanding how we can maintain and improve the services we offer to better serve you. We collect information like your purchasing or consuming history or tendencies, including products or services purchased, obtained or considered For example:
- Mobile: We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the application.
2.4. Information we collect and process on behalf of you.
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose for which you have engaged Airbase. When you use our Services, we process and store certain information on your behalf as a data processor. For example, when you upload a document (invoice or receipt) we act as a data processor and process information on the your behalf and in accordance with the your instructions. In this situation, you are data controller and is responsible for most aspects of the processing of the information. Airbase acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. Airbase has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data should direct their questions to you (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
2.5. Cookies and other technologies.
We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. We may also use third-party service providers that set cookies and similar technologies to promote Airbase services.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
3.0 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect through our products for a number of reasons, including to:
- provide, improve, protect, and promote our products and services;
- set your account(s);
- send you records of your use of the service, including for purchases or other events;
- understand how you use our products and customize your experience;
- send you marketing communications
- record details about your electronic signature requests, workflows and other transactions (such as when they were opened, signed, and when/where this took place);
- provide customer support;
- respond to your inquiries and requests;
- fix issues or problems with our products and services;
- prevent abuse of the products and services we offer; and
- carry out other lawful purposes about which we will notify our users and customers.
We may also combine the information we collect (or that is otherwise provided to us) through aggregation and other means to limit the identification of any particular individual to help with our business goals (such as research and marketing).
We give users the option to use some of our Services free of charge. These free Services are made possible by the fact that some users upgrade to one of our paid Services. If you register for our Services, we may, from time to time, send you information about upgrades. Users who receive these marketing materials can opt out at any time. If you don’t want to receive a particular type of marketing material from us, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the corresponding emails, or contact us using the contact details provided below (if using the contact details please provide your complete name, e-mail address, and any other relevant information that may be required to respond to your request). Please note that such marketing opt-out does not impact any transactional or operational notices that we may need to send you.
3.1. Bases for processing your information.
We collect and use the personal data described above in order to provide you with the Services in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use personal data for our legitimate business needs. To the extent we process your personal data for other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or require that our partners obtain such consent.
If you have questions about, or need further information concerning, the lawful bases for processing your data, please email us at [email protected]
4.0 HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your information. We may share your personally identifiable information as described below:
- Vendors and other third-party service providers: We may share your information with third parties that we use for the business purposes of helping us to provide and support our Services. These parties provide services such as authentication, billing and collections, customer support, or data storage. We enter into legally binding agreements with these third-party service providers that protect your personal information and forbids such providers from using your information for their own purposes. These third parties will access your information to perform tasks on our behalf, and we’ll remain responsible for their handling of your information per our instructions.
- Compliance with Law, Safety, Security, and Business Transactions: We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government request;
- (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury;
- (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Airbase or our users;
- (d) protect Airbase rights, property, safety, or interest; or
- (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- To other persons with your consent (e.g. fulfilling signature requests).
- Other users: Our Services display information like your name, profile picture, device, email address, and usage information to other users you collaborate or choose to share with. When you register your Airbase account with an email address on a domain owned by your employer or organization, we may help collaborators and administrators find you and your team by making some of your basic information – like your name, team name, profile picture, and email address – visible to other users on the same domain. This helps you sync up with teams you can join, and helps other users share files and documents with you.
5.0. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6.0**. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION**
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected].
7.0**. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION**
Upon your written request (for which email is sufficient), Airbase will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting it, the types of sources we got it from and types of third parties we’ve shared it with. You may submit a data access request, request that your personal data be deleted, or object to the processing of your personal information by logging into your account, or by contacting us using the contact details below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
8.0**. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY**
This site and our Services are not intended for use by or directed to minors. We do not knowingly collect or ask for information from minors. We do not knowingly allow minors to use our Services. Any person who provides their information to Airbase through the Account Login page for new customers, Signup Page, or any other part of the Airbase Site represents to Airbase that they are of legal age (18 years of age or older or otherwise of legal age in your resident jurisdiction) and competent to agree to these Terms. We will delete any information we discover is collected from a minor without permission from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Please contact us using the contact details below if you believe you may have provided Airbase with a minor’s information without permission from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
9.0**. WHERE WE MAY STORE, PROCESS, OR TRANSMIT YOUR INFORMATION**
By using the Airbase Services you acknowledge and agree that:
10.0**. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY**
11.0**. HOW TO CONTACT US**
For questions or concerns regarding the collection, use, or disclosure of your information, you can contact us by sending an email to [email protected]